Join Multiplay

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    Holy resurrection Batman! I wasn't aware people still played.

I'm gonna piece together all the spare PC parts lying around my house, drag my ass away from Destiny and get on UT then!

0 Not allowed!
    ...signatures aren't art.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    What an awesome thread after randomly Googling UT.

Its great to see some familer names in this thread….(even you Silverfang!)

My best rated players for CTF NW around the 1999-2002 era are

|Ng|Silence (AKA Levi 315) - the best combo whore iv seen, really nice guy as well from what I remember

[DOA]SNIPER – the best all round player iv played against, on the same level as Matrix Project from Liquid, he joined CIA after being with DOA for a year or so

[MD]GSX – best guy iv seen with a sniper rifle

[MD]Darth_Small – best rocket arena player iv played against, I don’t think I ever seen him loose a game

[MC]Proteus – his fast connection helped a lot as it always hovered around 20ms, while most people had ISDN or 56k back then

Other decent players were
    [MD]Lockon
    [Ghost]ian,
    [SM]Polluter (AKA {G}Tommy}
    [Ghost]Cool Hand Luke
    [MD]PREACHER
    [CIA]Silverfang (hurts to put that…. )
    |Rift|Seven

I quit playing UT a few months before UT2003 was released, UT2003 and UT2004 was never the same for me as Wireplay, Jolt and Barrysworld were dying then and the English community was near enough non existent, didn’t help that the player base was much smaller either. [MD]TheKas took over the UT2004 CTF side of the clan from me, and was very successful winning a few clanbase cups, he was the only original member of [MD] who transferred to UT2003\4 though. I got into level design for UT2004 more than playing it really, and lead the Euro Flag Pack 2004 team with Odds which was highly rated.

I had real fond memories of UT99, and makes me warm and fuzzy when I think back……. And sometimes sad. Later on in UT99s life the game envolved and took a lot of the fun out, a lot of “competetive players” suddenley decided that Face, Hydro, Lavagaint etc werent fit for purpose and also decided that the tickrate was no longer suitable after the game being out for five years, not to mention the amount of fake nicks that people used which ruined public servers as it felt like you were playing strangers half of the time.

I still keep in contact with PREACHER, ian, Exec, Stevo, Darth Small, Qui, Dougal on facebook….. some of them still idle in IRC! (I kid you not). A lot of [MD] have dissapeared from the face of the earth (which is understandable), GSX and HosT are both living in America somewhere.

DOA had a web site which had hundreds of end game screenshots, I remembered most of the people from the screenshots… very nogalistic

Hope everyone is doing well

- [MD]FishThrower

0 Not allowed!

Multiplay UK UT99 CO-CL Community Admin! Pileyrei's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 49
    Great post - [MD]FishThrower !

We are still hanging in there.

Have you seen Nali Weapons 3? Look on youtube for it.

Thanks for stopping by

Now get installing UT99 again

0 Not allowed!
    *Multiplay UT Admin & UK UT99 CO-CL *

NEW DM13 DECK SERVER!

*The views expressed above are those of the poster and not those of Multiplay UK*

Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 5
    Nice to seeyou are still around Fishthrower

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Pileyrei View Post
    Have you seen Nali Weapons 3? Look on youtube for it.
    Pretty impressive what can be achieved with the Unreal engine considering how old it is. I guess we have all the horsepower we need to push polygons now.

That said, I'd maintain that what makes great weapons is balance. If the player were armed with a rubber band, that too could be a great weapon if adroitly attuned to the harmonics of the other weapons.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFang View Post
    Not being biased but the best CTF team was : {G}Hudson, {G}HoHum, {G}Weirdo, King_Ali_{G} and {G}Psi
    I'll drink to that! Probably more than a little overstated, but then who would have thought I'd ever see anything posted about the {G} CTF team some 15 years later. Screaming at Kas over Battlecom... happy days!

Quit gaming completely when I left UT in 2001 and haven't been back as life took over. Shame I didn't keep all those UTTV files and screen-grabs as most of the online records from all those {G} and UK tournaments appear to have gone.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohum View Post
    I'll drink to that! Probably more than a little overstated, but then who would have thought I'd ever see anything posted about the {G} CTF team some 15 years later. Screaming at Kas over Battlecom... happy days!

Quit gaming completely when I left UT in 2001 and haven't been back as life took over. Shame I didn't keep all those UTTV files and screen-grabs as most of the online records from all those {G} and UK tournaments appear to have gone.
    I was going through old UT CTF videos on youtube a couple of months ago... theres a few {UGM} videos kicking about that you were part in.

Good memories mate..... online gaming hasn't been the same since Jolt, Wireplay, GamesInferno, Barrysworld all went bankrupt. Back then we all thought it was going to be huge around this time..... how wrong were we?

I also used to see {G}Wnk playing the UT4 alpha when it first got released, dont think he plays it anymore, he is still good, and also got a massive gob on him which I dont remember him having back in the day!

Funny thing watching them YouTube videos was how many people used timers (im looking at you [DzR]Spoonman!)

-[MD]FishThrower

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by FishThrower; 16th March 2017 at 23:01.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 18
    For everyone from the 1999 - 2005 period:

[DOA] vids - https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...HM?usp=sharing

[DOA] UT screenshot and pics archive - https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...lk?usp=sharing

Hi to everyone from Wireplay and i14 - i22 o/

0 Not allowed!
    60% of the time, I pwn every time.
    My Music:
    www.leonlive.co.uk
    My Art:
    http://guyver1.deviantart.com

Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 4
    Sir,

Please forgive me but I do not understand your post.

Whilst watching the multiple linked videos of you playing unidentified games on blurry screens, and watching you chatting with your friends, I do not understand why you are posting here.

This is a forum for “Who was (is) the best Unreal Tournament Player you know?”

Keep playing

0 Not allowed!

Retard
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyver1 View Post
    For everyone from the 1999 - 2005 period:

[DOA] vids - https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...HM?usp=sharing

[DOA] UT screenshot and pics archive - https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...lk?usp=sharing

Hi to everyone from Wireplay and i14 - i22 o/
    Mate some memories in there..

Cheers for that

0 Not allowed!
    FCKING PRO :S

i9 - i11 - i14 - i15 - i20 - i23 - i27 - i30- i31 - i33 - i36 \o/

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread Information