Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

HELP setting up TF2 server plugins

So I'm a total noob at setting this stuff up. My server is running, but only total vanilla. It's 24/7 payload. I know how to set up a Minecraft Bukkit server pretty well, but when it comes to TF2, all I really know is how to play. Basically I just need a few features on my server, nothing game changing.

-Vote kick
    -Vote ban
    -Vote mute
    -Vote team scramble (ideally would only scramble for new map)
    -Vote map (is this a good idea?)
    -Automated broadcast telling users to donate/register on my website etc.
    -An easy way to donate (not sure how this can be done)
    -Tags on the scoreboard for mods/admins (not sure if this is possible)
    -Reserved slots so that when a mod/VIP joins it kicks out spectators/lowest score (not sure what the best way to do that is)

I don't even know how to give myself admin rights to kick/ban/mute/etc.

So if somebody would like to help me, I can give you access to my ClanForge. I am willing to donate to your server, give you a little money, and/or give you mod on the server.

Thanks for the help!

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 8
    That's a lot of stuff to set up. I run the pubbies here and if I had time I'd willingly give you a hand but I'm kept busy with 40 servers on the go. What you can do though is add SourceMod in the addons section, you need this for your admin abilities and it is also what is used to add plugins. I suggest that you add the required plugins one at a time and google the plugin name to get the instructions on configuring it.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Parva View Post
    That's a lot of stuff to set up. I run the pubbies here and if I had time I'd willingly give you a hand but I'm kept busy with 40 servers on the go. What you can do though is add SourceMod in the addons section, you need this for your admin abilities and it is also what is used to add plugins. I suggest that you add the required plugins one at a time and google the plugin name to get the instructions on configuring it.
    Is that really a lot of stuff? I figured a few of those things would be combined into 1 plugin. I thought about just adding plugins 1 by one and google/YouTubeing how to configure them, but the problem is that I don't know which plugins are good to use, and I also couldn't find any guides on how to do any of this. It just hurts my brain, to be honest. I'm not very handy with code and such.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    So I got all the plugins I need installed. I've figured out how to use the Advertisement plugin for the automatic broadcasts I wanted. I also think I've configured everything the way I want it. Now the problem is I still have no idea how to give myself (or anyone else) admin abilities or how to give people reserved slots (using the H-reserved plugin). Also, I don't know (and can't find) the commands for SM Plugin: Player Votes but when I type !vote in-game it says "You don't have permission" or something along those lines.

I really wish these plugins had more specific names so I could find them, and I wish the pages for them had better descriptions like a command list. What exactly is RockTheVote and how do I use it?

0 Not allowed!

tf2 admin
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 3
    hi there

admins_simple.ini is the file you need to edit to add yourself and any other users.

A lot of people dont read the forums,the best way to get help is to use the Multiplay live support link

regards

(SC)Jace

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Ok. I think this is the last thing I need help with. Regular players don't have permission to vote. How to I grant this permission to all players? The plugin is called SM Plugin: Player Votes

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Ok. I'm a retard. I just now realized that you can vote from the main menu (derp). So I'm not using the other plugins, but the only voting allowed is for "restartgame" and "scrambleteams". How do I let players use "kick, changelevel, nextlevel"?

0 Not allowed!

Thread Information