Join Multiplay

Kharne & Shed's BFAM Staff Member GeoSnipe's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 910
    Given: 164

Quick Update on StratLAN Xmas Party 2017

Moar seats

We have ordered the new internet lines and are waiting on engineers to come out next week to install.
    We are planning to open up the Grandstand top floor bar area first (if the line installs go well and their aren't any issues), this will be approximately 60 to 70 extra spaces.

The Grandstand bar area is a really nice separate room which has air conditioning, curtains to keep out the day star and carpet and there will be volunteer staff looking after this area.

If we find that we max that capacity also then we do have the option to open up more seats in the Grandstand ground floor which is commonly used as the sleeping area at StratLAN. More detail on this to follow if the first batch of extra seats is released.

Seat Picker

Once we have the answer on the extra seats we will be looking to release the seat picker within the next week.
    Provisional date for the seat picker will be W/C 23rd October and more details will be sent out about exact times at least a week in advance via emails/forums/discord/social.

Food, Fridges and Belmore

We once again have Belmore Foods back to services all your catering needs, further information for what is on offer and pre booking meals will be sent out in the next few weeks along with the seat picker update.

The fridge in the main kitchen has seen a lot of use at every StratLAN event. As the demand continues to grow to demands on the fridge do cause the fridge to not function as it is meant to. As such we are going to implement a new fridge opening time rota which we will ask you all to respect and follow.

Also make sure you bring a cooler box and this will act as a mini fridge next to your desk for convenience!

Sleeping

Camping will be in the same area as every event in the center of the racecourse but if we do expand the event to Grandstand ground floor for BYOC then we will also be using the building in the center of the racecourse for indoor sleeping.

As we are potentially increasing in size for BYOC this will put extra strain on the indoor sleeping which will be limited and on first come first serve. To maximise space in the indoor sleeping area we are asking customers to be respectful and bring smaller airbeds and campbed. Please don't bring massive double airbeds as this will take up lots of room and will limited the space on an already limited area.

We do have pretty much unlimited (as much as we want really) camping space so this would be the option if you want to avoid disappointment, either that or book a local B&B!

That's it for now. We will update more when we have it but make sure you add you name to the reserve list of you want an chance to reserve a space if more tickets are made available.

Add yourself to the reserve list here

Thanks
    Geo

0 Not allowed!
    Insomnia BYOC Community & Engagement Manager

If you're asking a Multiplay question and want the official answer, always raise a ticket
    The views expressed in the above post are mine alone and not necessarily those of Multiplay UK or anyone else unless otherwise stated.

Owner of the "Ban Hammer" since i43, claiming 19 souls and counting...

Have LANbox will travel dexdiner's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 373
    Given: 164
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoSnipe View Post
    if we do expand the event to Grandstand ground floor for BYOC then we will also be using the building in the center of the racecourse for indoor sleeping.
    Wouldn't the marquee/pavilion at the other end of the grandstand be a better option for this? At least it's tarmacked all the way to it.

0 Not allowed!
    I always look this good in the morning, what's your excuse?
    Warning - may contain traces of nuts!!!
    I come for the banter and stay for the trolls.

Insomnias: i51 (cherry popped), i54, i55, i56, i57, i58, i59, 2017 (having a KitKat)
    StratLANs: xmas '12, summer '13, xmas '13, summer '14, xmas '14, summer '15, xmas '15, summer '16, xmas '16, summer '17, xmas '17 (planned)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 757
    Given: 374
    Can I still bring my Snoring?

Ouch!

0 Not allowed!
    [DVDF]Ouch!
    DVDF Drinking Team i29 i30 i33 i34 i35 i36 i37 i39 i40 i41 i42 i43 i44 SLAN i45 i47 SLAN i48Brrrr! MonsterSLAN i49 SLAN SLAN i51 SLAN i53-poohLAN SLAN i54 SLAN SLAN i55 SLAN SLAN SLAN SLAN More to come
    i47 Tanks Champion

Administrator Staff Member Dentist's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 430
    Given: 348
    Quote Originally Posted by dexdiner View Post
    Wouldn't the marquee/pavilion at the other end of the grandstand be a better option for this? At least it's tarmacked all the way to it.
    Having slept in there before, it's definitely not a better idea in winter.

0 Not allowed!
    iLots
    If you're asking a Multiplay question and want the official answer, always raise a ticket or call the office
    The views expressed in the above post are mine alone and not necessarily those of Multiplay UK or anyone else.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 68
    Given: 96
    Any update on the extra tickets coming avaialable ?

0 Not allowed!

That Infra Guy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 52
    More News "Soon"

0 Not allowed!
    i42 (spec), i43, i44, i46, i47, i49, i50, i51 (Exhibitor!), i52, i53, Season ticket holder for i54, i55, i56. Season ticket holder for i57, i58 and i59. Season ticket for i60-61. Network Nerd for many Stratlans. Proud founder of Milk Club (tm)

Thread Information