Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,701
    Given: 218
    Good
    New Zealand

Bad
    Not being at stratlan

Ugly
    Me wearing my 2016 RvB T-Shirt under my wet suit while kayaking/walking through the Dart River in New Zealand

0 Not allowed!
    My views are extremely unlikely to coincide exactly with those of MPUK.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 9
    Isn't fridge opening based on temperature, which would make a schedule pointless.

I think the best that you can expect is an estimate, or you'll get a ton of people waiting for the exact time. Even if you say "it needs to get down below fridge temperatures" (5c) then you'll get a ton of people camping by the door waiting for second the gauge to drops below 5.1.

General status announcements are good to have, including "15m until it gets closed, grab beer/food now", but I think another addition would be if there was a maximum it could stay closed, and if it's still above temperature after say 2h closed, there's a short 10-15m time to grab/stash stuff, then closed again.

Not sure what to do about the first day or two when everyone is bringing in a ton of stuff, as much as most food will recommend being refrigerated, I'm sure there's leeway so it won't turn into food poisoning instantly. Ultimately you can't fully accommodate everyone. I tend to nuke all my food good and proper anyway to be sure, getting the squits isn't fun for me or anyone else

That said, next lan isn't in summer, and if we have a really cold lan just store stuff outside or in your car.

0 Not allowed!
    Use this sig to make the forum of your dreams*
    *results may vary

Thumbs Up
    Received: 128
    Given: 111
    Quote Originally Posted by Freelance View Post
    Isn't fridge opening based on temperature, which would make a schedule pointless.

I think the best that you can expect is an estimate, or you'll get a ton of people waiting for the exact time. Even if you say "it needs to get down below fridge temperatures" (5c) then you'll get a ton of people camping by the door waiting for second the gauge to drops below 5.1.

General status announcements are good to have, including "15m until it gets closed, grab beer/food now", but I think another addition would be if there was a maximum it could stay closed, and if it's still above temperature after say 2h closed, there's a short 10-15m time to grab/stash stuff, then closed again.

Not sure what to do about the first day or two when everyone is bringing in a ton of stuff, as much as most food will recommend being refrigerated, I'm sure there's leeway so it won't turn into food poisoning instantly. Ultimately you can't fully accommodate everyone. I tend to nuke all my food good and proper anyway to be sure, getting the squits isn't fun for me or anyone else

That said, next lan isn't in summer, and if we have a really cold lan just store stuff outside or in your car.
    It is indeed shut on temperature, once it gets too high we have to shut it otherwise people would get food poisoning.

0 Not allowed!
    Steam: spiked90 Origin: Murtymurt
    All your base are belong to us
    WCG China 2012 World of tanks
    I36 - I58
    StratLAN Summer Party 2012 - Winter Strat 2015

Staff From Summer Stratlan 2015 onwards
    Coming up..... Stratlans, I series no more.

Have LANbox will travel dexdiner's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 373
    Given: 163
    We were also barred from the fridge for the duration of the barbeque, which would've been nice to know beforehand.

0 Not allowed!
    I always look this good in the morning, what's your excuse?
    Warning - may contain traces of nuts!!!
    I come for the banter and stay for the trolls.

Insomnias: i51 (cherry popped), i54, i55, i56, i57, i58, i59, 2017 (having a KitKat)
    StratLANs: xmas '12, summer '13, xmas '13, summer '14, xmas '14, summer '15, xmas '15, summer '16, xmas '16, summer '17, xmas '17 (planned)

Who needs custom titles! Event Crew! VibroAxe's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101
    Given: 63
    Quote Originally Posted by dexdiner View Post
    We were also barred from the fridge for the duration of the barbeque, which would've been nice to know beforehand.
    Hi Dex

Totally agree this was suboptimal, we only discovered that this would need to be the case (H&S requirements) when the caterers arrived on site so you had about as much warning as we did! Def something we will be looking into in the future on how better to manage the knock on effects!

0 Not allowed!
    Community Ambassador
    If you're asking a Multiplay question and want the official answer, always raise a ticket or call the office
    The views expressed in the above post are mine alone and not necessarily those of Multiplay or anyone else.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information