Join Multiplay

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

Post Volunteer Questions

Just been accepting for volunteering and im wondering how it all works with the sleeping arrangements and all the other human necessities as well as BYOC.

Never been to an event before so im completely new to all of this just wondering if someone could give me a hand.

Many Thanks

-Connor

0 Not allowed!

Contains 99.1% Caffeine Event Crew! SlyRacc00n's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 65
    Assuming you are indoor camping then you'll have space in the 'staff' area of the campsite and get access to showers and other bits to make sure you can keep clean.

In terms of BYOC and volunteering depending which team you've signed up for you'll either have to buy a ticket or you'll be provided with one. You'll have access to BYOC whenever you aren't on shift (you'll get shifts from your team leader at some point closer to the event). Just remember to take off your staff shirt when you aren't working so you can relax and enjoy the event

0 Not allowed!
    BYOC / Volunteer (Crew) / Planned i43, i44, i45, i46, i47, i48, i49 (Let's not talk about that event), i51, i52, i53, i54, i55, i57, i58, i59, SLAN Winter Warmer 2017, i60, i61, i62

Technical Support (#Yellow4Lyfe)

The views expressed in the above post are mine alone and definitely not those of Multiplay UK, GAME or anyone else

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1
    Im on the Tech Team

Also will i need to bring my own tent probably a stupid questions but worth asking

Cheers

-Connor

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 519
    Given: 228
    Tents are not provided, but as its indoor camping (just another one of the large NEC halls), you don't have to bring a tent if you don't want one - its just sometimes nice for privacy reasons etc.

0 Not allowed!
    unspecified |UKCS| aka Unspec aka Spec
    Insomnia Volunteer/Crew (Blue Network Team // Yellow Tech Support Team Leader) // Stratlan Volunteer/Crew
    Insomnia: i43,i45,i46,i48,i49,i50,i51,i52,i53,i54,i55,i56,i57,i58,i59,i60,i61,i62
    StratLAN: 2016:Feb,Nov; 2017:Feb,Jun,Nov; 2018:Feb - Regionals: Scotland'16,'17; Ireland'16,'17

BYOC - Volunteer/Crew - Planned

[17:07] <niax> A dead body is fine to sit on helpdesk

The above gibberish was badly strung together by me and is unlikely to reflect the views of Multiplay/GAME/Insomnia or anyone else, living or dead.

Thread Information