Join Multiplay

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

Seat Requesting/Changing

Hey All,

Went to I59 and I'm pretty sure there was an option on tff to request to switch with someone else's seat (didn't test it) - but when we try and do it we get the usual generic seat error.

Is it possible to request a change with someone else's seat? (a strangers seat, not one of ours).

We booked 3 spots then a space, then 3 spots so that our 7th guy could go in the middle when he got his ticket (getting it a bit late compared to us). Someone has randomly jumped into the spot between us 6 therefore we can't get our 7th guy sitting next to us without moving us all to another area.

Any way around this?

Appreciate any help
    Cheers

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 234
    Given: 238
    You can do your best internet stalking and/or ask for him by name on the forum see if you can contact him directly and ask him (nicely) to move.

0 Not allowed!
    If I wear all the colours I match everything :D

i36, i37, i39, i40, i42, i43, i45, i46, i48, i49, i51, i52, i55, i57, i58, i60 booked

I draw stuff

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1
    That is going to be the most awkward Lan ever, with some random in the middle of your group! HAHA!

I would suggest checking his username/clan tag on the seat picker on steam, and try find him that way.

Hopefully this is just a case of someone has moved a teammate in the middle of a group as a joke, and will move him again shortly.

Surely nobody actually attends a BYOC on their own?

0 Not allowed!

Don't FECK with the PECK! Dr Peck's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 132
    Given: 271
    Quote Originally Posted by X3r000 View Post
    That is going to be the most awkward Lan ever, with some random in the middle of your group! HAHA!

I would suggest checking his username/clan tag on the seat picker on steam, and try find him that way.

Hopefully this is just a case of someone has moved a teammate in the middle of a group as a joke, and will move him again shortly.

Surely nobody actually attends a BYOC on their own?
    Quite a few people attend by themselves! Just check some of the posts on this forum. You don't know other peoples circumstances and insomnia has always been a great event to meet new people!

0 Not allowed!
    i34, i35, i36, i39, i42, i45, i48, i49, i51, i52, i54, i55, i56, i57, i58, i60 booked.

Thumbs Up
    Given: 1
    Very valid point, pretty brave to show up alone and just make friends (more sociable than me anyhow!). Picking your seat must be a weird one too!

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Given: 0
    If you do find out who he/she is let me know so i can buy them a drink. Top splitting!

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Given: 4
    This will be my first Insomnia and I'm coming on my own - I'm hoping I'll meet some friendly people who enjoy drinking beer and playing games.. surely this is the right place for that!? Personally it was pretty tricky picking a seat - especially since the "key" on the picker doesn't match up to the colours I could pick from (I picked 'Console Player'...).

I don't think it was me that chose the middle seat but if it were i'd happily move...

I'd love if anyone had any advice for picking a seat? I saw GeoSnipe's map but it just gave vague areas for a couple of games?

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Appreciate the replies guys

Yeah, I must admit, he's got some cahonés to jump in the middle of a 6 man clan haha, we're not fussed about meeting new people, part of the reason we're there. There's a chance he's good fun and get's along with us all, but it splits the group up AND may end up making us move to another 7 slot so I was hoping there was a magical mystical way to switch with him or ask him if he could politely move to the end (shy of being at the event and asking to be told to do one and sit awkwardly for the next 5 days).

We tried to do a bit of stalking but didn't really get anywhere (steam, forums etc), if anyone knows it's "BADASSvBADGER" (Seat T 12) with a name like that, I'm sure he'll be a barrel of laughs!

Cheers

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 35
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieinthejar View Post
    Appreciate the replies guys

Yeah, I must admit, he's got some cahonés to jump in the middle of a 6 man clan haha, we're not fussed about meeting new people, part of the reason we're there. There's a chance he's good fun and get's along with us all, but it splits the group up AND may end up making us move to another 7 slot so I was hoping there was a magical mystical way to switch with him or ask him if he could politely move to the end (shy of being at the event and asking to be told to do one and sit awkwardly for the next 5 days).

We tried to do a bit of stalking but didn't really get anywhere (steam, forums etc), if anyone knows it's "BADASSvBADGER" (Seat T 12) with a name like that, I'm sure he'll be a barrel of laughs!

Cheers
    Appears to be an Xbox One player - you could always message him via live: https://www.xboxgamertag.com/search/badassvbadger/

0 Not allowed!
    Attended: i55, i56, i57, i58, i59, i60
    Attending: i61

i7-3770k / 16GB RAM / 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC

Thumbs Up
    I'll give it a try, cheers Cod!

0 Not allowed!

Thread Information