Join Multiplay

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,209
    Given: 822
    Told you that you weren't a pro gamer

0 Not allowed!
    SHAZAAM! - My Achievements! - Join http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/ NOW!, or rot in Heck - XBox Live Tag : cabe007

"Out the 100 Base-T port, past the Router, off the Bridge, through the Firewall..... Nothing but Net."

"The views expressed above are those of the poster and not those of Multiplay UK."

Thumbs Up
    Received: 650
    Given: 717
    Unfortunately some people have to die early in the game due to how the game works, however, you don't have to go down easy. If you disarm all your assassins weapons, you get 4 points, and they are essentially sitting ducks with nothing to kill you with.

0 Not allowed!
    WhiteKnight - iLive HD, LanWar, MPUK Achievements, MuNTAS, and other video content.
    E-Mail: whiteknight at multiplay.co.uk

Get DigiGuide, the best TV guide

The views expressed above are those of the poster and not those of Multiplay UK.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 76
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabe View Post
    Sooooo just HOW paranoid were you SerSplan?
    Not nearly enough, forgot to check my case after my 3rd kill, and BANG, dead

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 360
    Given: 336
    Quote Originally Posted by D3TH View Post
    Also that guy who won, all he did was harass people all day, literally stood behind my mate for 3 hours slapping stickers on him. (thats why he got so many disarms).

I just felt that took the fun away, if I was him I would of just turned around and said have it, I am here to play games not have some spotty kid follow me all day at lan.
    I do think that's a bit out of order, but your friend should have also been a bit clever about it. Remember they can't get you while in game - so play a game and then post on the forums exactly where they're standing and what they're wearing. If you want to be extra sneaky you ask a mate to post it, then they won't know what's happening. That way the hunter becomes the hunted and you get a good look at the next person trying to assassinate you.

0 Not allowed!
    Standing in the middle of a Swedish road.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,209
    Given: 822
    The game is indeed what you make of it, we can only provide the mechanics.

0 Not allowed!
    SHAZAAM! - My Achievements! - Join http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/ NOW!, or rot in Heck - XBox Live Tag : cabe007

"Out the 100 Base-T port, past the Router, off the Bridge, through the Firewall..... Nothing but Net."

"The views expressed above are those of the poster and not those of Multiplay UK."

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 4
    I thought it was a laugh but I don't think I will be signing up again.

It seems like you can't get too far in the game unless your 100% dedicated, even though its fun I didn't pay to play lanwar

Also that guy who won, all he did was harass people all day, literally stood behind my mate for 3 hours slapping stickers on him. (thats why he got so many disarms).

I just felt that took the fun away, if I was him I would of just turned around and said have it, I am here to play games not have some spotty kid follow me all day at lan.

PS - The rules seemed to work fine.
    I dedicated half of Saturday to it. It's a fun game and I'm glad I dedicated half a day to it because it was fun to take part in and it wasn't as easy as just 'slapping stickers on him'.

It didn't take the fun away for anyone else who played, and as your friends who sat near you said, stop being a sore loser and just enjoy the game. It's a game which requires a certain amount of dedication, so if you're unwilling, then don't sign up (as you have said you will not).

I didn't harass people, I played LanWar with them. They signed up for it knowing full well someone would be looking for them, and that they would be watching their back for the time they were in the game. Of the 10 people I killed, you were the only person who had this sort of problem.

And I'm not a spotty kid!

0 Not allowed!
    Events attended: i36, i40, i42, i45, i46, (i49)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 185
    Given: 360
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I do think that's a bit out of order, but your friend should have also been a bit clever about it. Remember they can't get you while in game - so play a game and then post on the forums exactly where they're standing and what they're wearing. If you want to be extra sneaky you ask a mate to post it, then they won't know what's happening. That way the hunter becomes the hunted and you get a good look at the next person trying to assassinate you.
    I guess we could of been clever about it :/

I think some readers are not understanding my point, so before everyone jumpes on the SOMEONE SAID SOMETHING BAD bandwagon let me clear it up.

The game is awesome, the rules work and its great fun. What I was saying is PERSONALLY I thought it required to much of my time. Its hard to play a game well if you cannot comit the time needed to play it well, so from my standards I eventually found it a waste of time. <-- PERSONALLY

Regarding the harrsment, fair dos I expect someone to be looking for me but standing behind me for a long period of time would make me feel uncomfortable and as far as I am aware the person you was 'trying to kill' at that time wasn't comfortable. You would stay at his desk when he got up, look through his stuff and just stand behind him waiting for him to do something.

I can see this is a sucessfull way to play the game (as you won, so clearly it worked) but I was just saying I found it dead creepy and would if given up to just get rid of you. (Thinking about it .. thats a good approach to the game).

Neverless, I am thinking about doing something similar to this at a non gaming related event with some buddies.

0 Not allowed!
    Lans Attended: LL9, i33, i34, LL10, i35, i36, LL11, i37, i38, i39, i43, i46, i49, Summer SLAN'14, i54

Booked and Paid:

Twitter: @McCafferTEA

Claim To Fame, Boatrace <<--Guy in the Rangers Top

Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 107
    A couple of friends of mine were playing this and it was great fun helping them plan how to assassinate people (Knaggsy seemed to have organised people watching him at all times, don't think we could have landed a kill on him!). I'm definitely up for taking part in the next one, just need to confirm when my next one will be

0 Not allowed!
    [SAF]
    i42/43 spec, i45/46/47 BYOC

Thumbs Up
    Received: 360
    Given: 336
    The game is awesome, the rules work and its great fun. What I was saying is PERSONALLY I thought it required to much of my time. Its hard to play a game well if you cannot comit the time needed to play it well, so from my standards I eventually found it a waste of time. <-- PERSONALLY
    That's fair enough, but I'll just add this point for anyone else who's interested or may feel the same. This is a long game, don't feel you have to rush out at 9am Saturday .core- who won the time before last played a very long game and his patience was rewarded. It's fine to play games and Lanwars if you want to (I'm not disagreeing with how you feel), although it does mean your assassin needs to plan carefully.

0 Not allowed!
    Standing in the middle of a Swedish road.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 650
    Given: 717
    The very reason for the "no attacking in-game" rule is to allow people to play games / tourneys along side LanWar. You just need to be aware that when you come out of the game (allowing for a short grace period) you are then back in "lanwar mode" and should be aware of your surroundings.

0 Not allowed!
    WhiteKnight - iLive HD, LanWar, MPUK Achievements, MuNTAS, and other video content.
    E-Mail: whiteknight at multiplay.co.uk

Get DigiGuide, the best TV guide

The views expressed above are those of the poster and not those of Multiplay UK.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information