Join Multiplay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 650
    Given: 717

LanWar V : Game over, and Feedback

Welp, thats it, game over, man! game over!

The Insomnia 45 LanWar event has come to its ultimate conclusion. We have a single survivor and the scores look something like this:

1) Core.- : 7 points
    Winning £15 and a TF:2 "Spy" T-Shirt courtesy of Valve (via A_Spec)

2) Moose : 3 points
    Winning £10

3) Garywoo : 2 points
    Winning £5

Honorable mention goes to Duxor, also on 2 points, for trying to escape their assassin by running away from Moose (hence one of the rule clarifications). However Garywoo had more actual attacks, which are valued marginally higher so scraped the 3rd place slot.

The full breakdown of the scores can be found here : LanWar : Final Scores
    Along with the blow-by-blow account of the game: LanWar : Blow-By-Blow

The winning players need to come to the production booth in front of stage some time tomorrow (Just after the Minecraft is probably best) to receive their prizes and money.

The game itself seemed to run much smoother than past events, with only one real glitch that we can go away and look at fixing, and a couple of small questions around how the rules are worded / interpreted.

Could everyone who took part in the game please let us know how you thought the game went, and what aspects of it you enjoyed / thought could be improved?

Hopefully next event we can run a much bigger game, and make it much more interesting. Imagine if half the LAN is watching is back the whole time....

0 Not allowed!
    WhiteKnight - iLive HD, LanWar, MPUK Achievements, MuNTAS, and other video content.
    E-Mail: whiteknight at multiplay.co.uk

Get DigiGuide, the best TV guide

The views expressed above are those of the poster and not those of Multiplay UK.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 17
    Ragonz was stabbed attached to a chair by core
    Oh my

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Heh, didnt spot that. I will have to have a look at that. All the actions *should* be appropriate for the weapons.

0 Not allowed!
    WhiteKnight - iLive HD, LanWar, MPUK Achievements, MuNTAS, and other video content.

The views expressed above are those of the poster and not those of Multiplay UK.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 128
    Given: 1,000
    Haha, grats and well done ^^ damn you Dux

0 Not allowed!
    The views expressed above are my own and not those of Multiplay UK.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 16
    Really had fun, loved having core as my target and him full well knowing it.

I have thoughts about the knife being overpowered and the poison being underpowered, and i know core has the same issues.
    I'll let him explain his suggestions. After talking to him about it, i agree with what he has said to me about them.

0 Not allowed!
    Attended: i36 -i36 - i37 - i40* - i42* - i43 - i45 - i46 - i49
    * iHunt Staff

Thumbs Up
    Any suggestions are welcome. Better weapon balancing would be good.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    *bump*

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 360
    Given: 336
    I had great fun and not just because I did quite well, it's a laugh trying to work out the best way to get your target (sneaky sneaky). Wolfduke I hope you appreciate the fact I died trying to kill you

To my mind the gun is slightly under-powered compared to the knife. The way I see it is a gun has a much longer range than a knife, therefore it doesn't matter if you see the 'shot' coming (as bullets are difficult to dodge). I don't mean chasing your target as I slightly did with Dux0r, that was silly - sorry Dux. Having talked it over with the admins after the game, as the rules stand it would count as a disarm next time.

What I had in mind is slightly different. You only rock, paper, scissors if the target sees the sticker being placed on them, as is with the knife. But also, the gun maybe be 'fired' within an arm span to increase the range of the weapon i.e. if the target spots the assassin trying to use the gun sticker within arm distance but the assassin fails to put the sticker on them it still counts as an attack (you can say Bang! if you want to). The outcome of which would then be decided by rock, paper, scissors. You may think it makes the gun too powerful but because it's the best of three I think it evens it out - or maybe not, what do you think?

0 Not allowed!
    Standing in the middle of a Swedish road.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 21
    i loved it and when i got my first kill MWHAHAH

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Thinking about the "gun" situation.... I seem to recall a discussion about this originally when we created lanwar, but i think the detail must have gotten lost in the process.

I think the gun should be "un-dodgable" in the deployment. I.e. regardless of whether you see it or not, if the assasin chooses to play the gun, then the gun gets played.
    However you can still "dodge" the bullet after the fact if the result of the rock, paper, scissors goes in your favor.

We could make the gun harder to use by saying you have to get 3 out of 3 hits on RPS to consider it a kill. This would then take into cosideration aim, windage, leading the target and other inherant projectile innacuracies making it hard to get a perfect shot. Think of it like a sniper rifle, rather than a close range pistol.

Unless there are any other comments abotu the knife i think a single RPS is acceptable for that.

0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information