Join Multiplay

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,209
    Given: 822

LANWAR V : The Fatal Knife-rear

Signups are now closed !
    An email detailing pre-game stuff will be going out shortly.

Current Prize distribution will be as follows:

1st = £15 + special bonus prize
    2nd = £10
    3rd = £5

We are looking at doing a prize for "most disarms". And possibly other things, stay tuned.

Original post below:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Basic Rules:

* You get 4 weapons and a Target.
    * Your Target is randomly chosen from the list of combatants.
    * The aim of the game is to eliminate your target using the weapons provided.
    * You may only use each weapon once.
    * Once you have eliminated your target, you inherit their target, and unused weapons.
    * Game play continues until last man standing or the game time runs out.

Full Rules (Required Reading) - Lan Wars : The Rules

Further discussions at Street Wars and Street Wars - Lan style

Singups are now open! Closing date is scheduled to be the 27th of April. We've had a rewrite of the code, the game should now flow much smoother and require less whining to the admin (WK and I ), along with some new hotness!

Still only £3 entry fee (this covers material costs and funds the prize pot). That's less than a pint!

The more people who play, the bigger the prize pot, insomnia43 saw a prize fund of 60 quid, with £30 of that going to #1 (2nd received £20 and 3rd got a tenner). See the i43 carnage here!

[youtube]Am43pXfoUgE[/youtube]

Previous game threads - http://forums.multiplay.co.uk/insomn...v-pwnage-gnome, http://forums.multiplay.co.uk/insomn...-3-search-geek, http://forums.multiplay.co.uk/i40/76...40-game-thread, http://forums.multiplay.co.uk/ilite/75636-lanwar-lan, http://forums.multiplay.co.uk/insomn...6-lanwar-video

Would you like to know more?

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by WhiteKnight; 30th April 2012 at 03:16.
    SHAZAAM! - My Achievements! - Join http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/ NOW!, or rot in Heck - XBox Live Tag : cabe007

"Out the 100 Base-T port, past the Router, off the Bridge, through the Firewall..... Nothing but Net."

"The views expressed above are those of the poster and not those of Multiplay UK."

Thumbs Up
    Received: 650
    Given: 717
    For those who have played before, there will be some changes to the way the game is played. Nothing major, just some tweaks to the rules and how things are processed. This is to (hopefully) eliminate the bugs we encountered in previous games.

We will be releasing an updated set of rules, along with a new player guide, and some hints and tips in a week or two. Please ensure you read these.

0 Not allowed!
    WhiteKnight - iLive HD, LanWar, MPUK Achievements, MuNTAS, and other video content.
    E-Mail: whiteknight at multiplay.co.uk

Get DigiGuide, the best TV guide

The views expressed above are those of the poster and not those of Multiplay UK.

Thumbs Up
    UPDATE: We have whipped the monkeys in the code mines to produce a new version of game code. This has been successfully play-tested with a small beta group and is looking ready to rock for i45.

Reminder, the sign-ups are open!

0 Not allowed!
    SHAZAAM! - My Achievements! - Join http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/ NOW!, or rot in Heck - XBox Live Tag : cabe007

"Out the 100 Base-T port, past the Router, off the Bridge, through the Firewall..... Nothing but Net."

"The views expressed above are those of the poster and not those of Multiplay UK."

Honestly not a Werewolf.. klauS's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 17
    That video transported me to LANwar stardom and ruined any future chances I had of winning.
    Fame, what have you done to me...

0 Not allowed!
    klauS
    Official Admiral Ackbar Cereal Spokesperson.

Thumbs Up
    Rofl... there are ways and means...

I will be adding a few hints and tips to the site in the next few days (as well as updating the rules / guide). I will post here when i have.

0 Not allowed!
    WhiteKnight - iLive HD, LanWar, MPUK Achievements, MuNTAS, and other video content.

The views expressed above are those of the poster and not those of Multiplay UK.

Honestly not a Werewolf.. klauS's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 17
    inb4 facial surgery by cabe with an ethernet crimper...

0 Not allowed!
    klauS
    Official Admiral Ackbar Cereal Spokesperson.

Thumbs Up
    The first brave spy has accepted their mission, heaps more sign-ups to come I am sure.

0 Not allowed!

Has delusions of adequacy Mr Potz's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 143
    Given: 169
    I''m only going as spectator this time round, otherwise i would i46 maybe...

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Unfortunately we can't currently allow spectators to play as it gives them an unfair advantage in that they can hide in the crowd (i.e. no seat number to help locate them).

If it was a smaller event then it might be doable.

Also please remember that we need at least 10 people to make the game worth playing so until we get 10 signups we wont be going ahead with the game.

0 Not allowed!

Has delusions of adequacy Mr Potz's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 143
    Given: 169
    yeah i figured that was it, makes it a bit more tactical if you know where they'll eventually be i can wait...

0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information