Join Multiplay

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,209
    Given: 822

LANWAR IV : The Pwnage Gnome

Just a reminder that signups for the i43 LanWar game close *THIS SUNDAY* (the 21st). This is to allow time to prep the game, get the materials ready etc.*

*Please note, Comic Sans is used as an attention grabber, I know it should be burnt at the stake, but you read the announcement, didn't you?

The Basic Rules:

* You get 4 weapons and a Target.
    * Your Target is randomly chosen from the list of combatants.
    * The aim of the game is to eliminate your target using the weapons provided.
    * You may only use each weapon once.
    * Once you have eliminated your target, you inherit their target, and unused weapons.
    * Game play continues until last man standing or the game time runs out.

Full Rules (Required Reading) - Lan Wars : The Rules

Further discussions at http://forums.multiplay.co.uk/genera...50-street-wars and http://forums.multiplay.co.uk/genera...wars-lan-style

Singups are open here, and remember to be extra sneaky.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Cabe; 16th August 2011 at 16:25.
    SHAZAAM! - My Achievements! - Join http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/ NOW!, or rot in Heck - XBox Live Tag : cabe007

"Out the 100 Base-T port, past the Router, off the Bridge, through the Firewall..... Nothing but Net."

"The views expressed above are those of the poster and not those of Multiplay UK."

Thumbs Up
    Received: 650
    Given: 717
    omg, like, efficiency !

Yes, please do go go go... signups are open, and ready to roll for the i43 event.

Hopefully some of the bugs will be ironed out before then. I intend to run a few playtests to make sure it all works as it should, and tweak the code a bit.

If anyone has any suggestions on improving the game, please let me know.

0 Not allowed!
    WhiteKnight - iLive HD, LanWar, MPUK Achievements, MuNTAS, and other video content.
    E-Mail: whiteknight at multiplay.co.uk

Get DigiGuide, the best TV guide

The views expressed above are those of the poster and not those of Multiplay UK.

le geek du loughborough holness_202's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 65
    Encourage people to hit their targets asap? that way its less likely some one like frei will storm through using knives**. Has poison ever killed anyone?

**not sure how this would be done maybe individual weapons should score different points to encourage diversity?

0 Not allowed!
    i36 i37 i39, i40, i42, i43, i45, i49 paid
    Iseries Where are you? - A Google map

Thumbs Up
    I can change the game to give more points towards the start of the game. That would encourage people to attack early.

We could also add extra points for the more difficult weapons... thats also reasonably doable.

Some food for thought anyway.

0 Not allowed!
    WhiteKnight - iLive HD, LanWar, MPUK Achievements, MuNTAS, and other video content.

The views expressed above are those of the poster and not those of Multiplay UK.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 44
    Just signed up, just wondering though, the knife and gun descriptions are not clear, once you attach a gun to a target do you HAVE to do RPS? And in what instance do you need RPS to decide if a knife was sucessful?

Whats the policy of getting a friend to plant a bomb or something? Incase you get seen etc?

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by peterwest; 29th April 2011 at 23:06.
    iSeries:
    i43, i49??

Thumbs Up
    Gun = RPS is required.
    Knife = RPS required if they notice you before, or as, you make contact.

So if you walk up to someone, slap the sticker down, and say "stabby stabby". Thats it, they are dead.
    If you walk up, and go to stick, and they hear you, see you, or someone points you out to them as you go for the kill... then you do RPS to decide if you the stab-attack was successful.

So like in real life, if you saw someone come at you with a knife, you fight back. If you dont, you, well, dont.....

0 Not allowed!

Honestly not a Werewolf.. klauS's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 17
    Can we define a successful knife kill (i.e one that won't require RPS) as the victim not noticing the knife attack until the sticker has been applied.

Just would like something rock solid as one of my kills at i42 fell into disrepute when I gave my 'you're dead' as I placed the sticker and then my victim claimed because he had heard me and started to turn around that he disarmed.

0 Not allowed!
    klauS
    Official Admiral Ackbar Cereal Spokesperson.

Thumbs Up
    Slap sticker, then say "you`re dead" = valid kill.

Say "you're dead", then slap sticker = RPS because you alerted them to the attack.

As usual, if in doubt, come and see and admin (me or cabe).

My biggest bugbear with this game was the lack of people recording their deaths, which i think may have been the cause of the glitches we had. Recording your death is there as a confirmation of the kill. Along with the assassin recording the kill. ITs something i need to look at tho, as people just aren't motivated to do it at the moment as they are out of the game.

0 Not allowed!

Honestly not a Werewolf.. klauS's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 17
    Or in other words "klaus, don't pre-emptively herpderp your kills."

Must get off the bat faster.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by klauS; 3rd May 2011 at 10:32.
    klauS
    Official Admiral Ackbar Cereal Spokesperson.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 25
    Quote Originally Posted by holness_202 View Post
    Encourage people to hit their targets asap? that way its less likely some one like frei will storm through using knives**. Has poison ever killed anyone?

**not sure how this would be done maybe individual weapons should score different points to encourage diversity?
    do i sense a bit of resentment ? it took atleast 2-3 hours stalking each person before i was able to kill them, you holness i put 8 separate bombs on your location and poisened your coke then you didnt turn up for about an hour and a half, i was sat on the balcony watching your place and ended up going and taking back all the bombs i'd placed and then you saw me walking away from your place with a wad of stickers in hand, it was literally just a blank stare of recognisation as we passed each other, was kinda funny really, the last target i got, solemn, she took even longer as she was outside hiding in her tent. klaus i got because he was distracted trying to get chris my bro
    ultimately the sooner people fight the better yes but most of my kills were a combination of luck and patience

edit: you also have to rely on other players honesty so its never going to be perfect, unfourtuneatly

oh yeah, sorry for the aweful spelling

0 Not allowed!
    successful sleepless weekends at i29, i30, i32, i33, i34, i36, i37, i38, i39, i40, i41, i42, i43, i44, i45, i46, i47, i49, i50, i51, i52, i53, i54, i55, i56, i57, i58 and sooon to be more

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information