Join Multiplay

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Classy Spycrab Troll Hero Henners's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,715
    Given: 219
    Don't be afraid. We're all very friendly. Apart from that geosnipe chap - he's always trying to bring some sort of battleship into the lan for some reason and that doesn't appear to be a friendly action

0 Not allowed!
    My views are extremely unlikely to coincide exactly with those of MPUK.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 89
    Given: 24
    Also watch out for this guy, he is big and scary.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beware.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	933

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 12
    Ticket finally booked - so I'm going! Went with a standard BYOC in the end so Friday morning it is for me.
    I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for the pub quiz tickets too. Do they just go on sale on the website?

Looking forward to it anyhow and I'll watch out for that battleship/the big scary guy (whoever he may be) ha!

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0
    I'm sure you'll love it! - Yeah Early Access isn't a necessity, just nice to get an extra night in at the event.
    They'll be an announcement on the forums/twitter for when the pub quiz tickets will be going on sale, but beware they sell out FAST. Was about 5 minutes for i60. I'm not sure yet if we'll have space on our table @rachaelrochelle will be able to confirm that but I'd imagine you're welcome to join up with us!

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 1
    If you don't manage a pub quiz ticket from website you will probably find other kind people like SGJ who may have additional to sell, so keep an eye on the forums and you should be able to join in Pub quiz fun

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Quote Originally Posted by Mairibow View Post
    Ticket finally booked - so I'm going! Went with a standard BYOC in the end so Friday morning it is for me.
    I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for the pub quiz tickets too. Do they just go on sale on the website?

Looking forward to it anyhow and I'll watch out for that battleship/the big scary guy (whoever he may be) ha!
    It's good coming solo - I went to my first event solo in 2011, and the friends I met then have become some of my closest (so much so we all buggered off to Florida for my 30!)

Take the time to chat with with people beside you, find them on the seat picked and plop yourself down. It's the people that make the event IMO,

Plus... All the best people come from the Edinburgh side as well

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 9
    Hey there,
    (apologies if this is in the wrong place!)

I've never been to a gaming convention/event before Ė Insomnia 61 would be my first.

Iíve been into gaming since I was a kid but mainly play with friends Iíve met online Ė none of my real life friends are into it. I really fancy a change of scenery from sitting in the house delving into my hobby and Iím keen to meet likeminded peeps with a shared interest.

I largely play MMOs and RPGs on PC (the games I play never seem to end so Iíve been addicted to them for a while!) but Iím very much open to getting into new things and plan to buy a BYOC ticket.

People play these types of games but mainly CSGO, LOL, Dota, Hearthstone and overwatch are the big titles played at I series. PUBG will definitely be played at I61 as it is a popular up and coming game.

Is it still possible to enjoy yourself if attending the festival alone? Are there lockers and such to store stuff if you need to hop off etc?

Please don't worry about this, I have attended 3 LAN's on my own and never had an issue. At I60 I met people from the forum before hand to sit with in the row. I also made a group of friends in the que for camping for the very same event.
    At other LAN's I just winged it and made friends there. IF you want a nice group of people to sit with I'm sure our group would accommodate you. Offers there, we normally have 2 tables for the pub quiz too.

Iíd be really interested in checking out tournaments, potentially joining the pub quiz (if you can go as 1) and generally looking around. Camping at this moment in time seems a bit scary alone so Iíll likely get accommodation nearby.

Accommodation can get steep outside of LAN, cheapest hotel I've had for I Series was £350 for the weekend and that was 10 miles from the venue when it used to be at RICOH arena. At NEC I bet it would be even more, £38 for solo camping is cheaper!! (P.S. I have camped solo before it's really not that bad tbh

Any tips and advice most welcome!
    Just have fun and remember all your cables!!!! (And mouse mats, I buy a new mouse mat every lan...
    no joke)

0 Not allowed!
    I50 I52 I53 I54 I55 I56 I58 I60

Coming to I61

Thumbs Up
    I am also going solo! But its nice to read positive things and its making me want to come even more! Hopefully going to participate in some tournaments.

I'm assuming the pub quiz is a big thing

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up

Talking

Hey there,
    (apologies if this is in the wrong place!)

I've never been to a gaming convention/event before Ė Insomnia 61 would be my first.

Iíve been into gaming since I was a kid but mainly play with friends Iíve met online Ė none of my real life friends are into it. I really fancy a change of scenery from sitting in the house delving into my hobby and Iím keen to meet likeminded peeps with a shared interest.

I largely play MMOs and RPGs on PC (the games I play never seem to end so Iíve been addicted to them for a while!) but Iím very much open to getting into new things and plan to buy a BYOC ticket.

Is it still possible to enjoy yourself if attending the festival alone? Are there lockers and such to store stuff if you need to hop off etc?

Iíd be really interested in checking out tournaments, potentially joining the pub quiz (if you can go as 1) and generally looking around. Camping at this moment in time seems a bit scary alone so Iíll likely get accommodation nearby.

Any tips and advice most welcome!
    Did you find someone selling a ticket?? If not i have 1 spare and im willing to sell it to you for the price i bought it for. Just let me know

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBigBWolf18 View Post
    Did you find someone selling a ticket?? If not i have 1 spare and im willing to sell it to you for the price i bought it for. Just let me know
    I already bought my ticket. Thank you though!

0 Not allowed!
    Been there, done that, got the t-shirt: BYOC i61
    Steam/Battlenet/Discord: Mairibow

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information