Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Question about pings and BF3 servers

So ya the thing is that im going to be buying a BF3 server with my friends, but 2guys from our group are from US and the rest of us are located in Europe.

Is it possible to get an IP from the hosting locations where these 2 guys could check their ping's and then we could decide what location we will be using. The location where they are playing from is Arizona

Also a question about BF3 50% discount. When you go into the form where you set the slots etc, does the price mean under the info's that you need to count 50% out from it or is it already the price with the discount, and that when does the offer end? Is it when the BETA launches or is it when the game goes LIVE?

Thank you.

0 Not allowed!

Original is Best
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 45
    It is £1 per slot per month with the discount*. With regards to ping this page has some test servers, though their location is not stated.

*There is no discount for paying for a time period greater than a month.

0 Not allowed!
    i42, i43, i45

dvdf.org
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 813
    Given: 436
    Here :

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Game Server Rental | Buy BC2 Server Hosting - Multiplay Gameservers

There are 4 demo BC2 servers, try a trace route to those for an indication. One appears to be Dutch, 2 appear to be German and one appears to be Russian.

0 Not allowed!
    iSeries : i27, i30, i33, i34 (achieved silver status), i35, i36, i37, i39 (achieved Gold status), i40, i41, i42, i43, i44, i45 (paid, but lack of funds meant didn't actually go), i47, i48 (free), i49, i50, i51 (booked and paid)

StratLAN : Winter Warmer 2012, Christmas 2012, Winter Warmer 2013, Summer 2013 & Monster, Autumn Social 2013, Christmas 2013, Winter Warmer 2014, Summer 2014 (booked and (mostly) paid)

I'm shallow, why not like this comment and make me feel better ?

Thumbs Up
    Ok so we decided to go for 2 servers then, but i didnt get the discount yet...

So the site tells me that with 16slots it gives me this price = 6 Month Prepay Total (approx) (1) €106.56

Does that mean that it already has the discount in it or do i need to calculate 50% off from that so thehn the price would be 53e is it like that or is the price 106e with the discount?

0 Not allowed!

Original is Best
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Mk1 View Post
    It is £1* per slot per month with the discount*.

*There is no discount for paying for a time period greater than a month.
    Currently £1 is 1.13e.

Interestingly, perhaps to you, i3d while charging significantly more than multiplay for a single 16 player BF3 server, include a FREE 16 player (presumably unranked) passworded server.

However their pricing (for a 16 slot server), is 10.32e more for the first month and 3.82e more each month thereafter.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Mk1; 2nd September 2011 at 13:51.
    i42, i43, i45

Thumbs Up
    Ok so that means that the prices in the order application already has the discount in it.

goddamn those servers are expensive >.< 48slot server for 6months 329e

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 5
    Considering the server demands that succesive battlefield games have required its not suprising to see higher costs.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Still one question. Does the offer end when the BETA launches or when the game goes LIVE?

0 Not allowed!

Original is Best
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Venidios View Post
    Still one question. Does the offer end when the BETA launches or when the game goes LIVE?
    Nothing to lose by ordering now, ive had a look as i was sure there was a post by a MPUK user to the effect of "order now or miss out" but, i cant find it.

I think the point of this 50% off system is to drive in the maximum amount of people who are pro multiplay, to order now, rather than later especially when at this time the competition are either more expensive than multiplay's 50% off or limited to one continent AFAIK.

0 Not allowed!
    i42, i43, i45

Thread Information