Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Alternative (geographical) numbers for 0844, 0845, 0870 & 0871 dialling codes.

< thread note > No I'm not a bot, nor do I have anything to do with the company I'm posting about, just trying to be informative to those that may not have heard about it < / thread note >

http://www.saynoto0870.com/

This site lists alternative (geographical) numbers for 0844, 0845, 0870 and 0871 dialling codes.

You can type in either the name of the company you are calling or the number you are dialling and search for either a geographical or freephone (0800 & 0808) alternative number.

Charges for the above numbers are as follows..

0844 - Up to 5p per minute, with a 5p minimum charge, for BT customers (source)

0845 - Callers will usually be charged a low-call rate, around 3.5p/min - 4.5p/min. Mobile networks may charge their callers more. (source)

0870 - Callers will usually be charged around 6.9p/min to 8.9p/min depending on their service provider. Mobile networks may charge their callers more. (source)

0871 - Callers will usually be charged 10p/min fixed rate. Mobile networks may charge their callers more. (source)

There are obvious savings to be had particularly as a lot of the companies keep you either on hold or in a queuing system so even if there is not a freephone number listed in many cases dialling a UK geographical number we still see yourself making a saving.

This is also extremely useful if your on one of the many talk plans offered by phone companies where you can dial UK geographical numbers free of charge.

Whilst on the subject, do MPUK have an alternative geographical number?

< /end (not normal for Kibit) informative, serious post!>

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Kibit; 6th February 2007 at 22:56.
    | I21, I22 | Slan20, SlanXmas04, Slan22, Slan24 |

Thumbs Up
    Useful.
    mobile rates may vary (even more than landline ones too!)

0 Not allowed!
    possibly seen at >> ** i12, i14, i15, i17, i18, i19, i21, i22, Slan Xmas 2k3, SL19, SL20, Slan Xmas 2k4, SL22, DL-Feb04, HoLLAN, 3 x LynLAN, 2 x BanLAN, 5 x MadLAN **

Thumbs Up
    Calling 0845 and 0870 numbers comes out of your allowance if you're with O2 but not for the other networks afaik, so that's a really useful site for those with lots of monthly minutes

0 Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Thanks for the post

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Silly, i mentioned with link in a post a few years back
    Then i lost the link, cheers :>

0 Not allowed!
    Official participant during the Wild West days of the Internet.

!

Scouser
    Thumbs Up
    Very useful site thanks. Will be giving our customers our geographical number from now on as the prices on those calls and the time we keep customers on the phone its unbelievable!

0 Not allowed!
    What is a lifetime of servitude next to an eternity of damnation?

A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy. Never forget, never forgive.

No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear!

Staff MemberEvent Crew! Elbonio's Avatar
    Manchester, UK (phew for a minute there I lost myself...)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 163
    Given: 59
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibit View Post

Whilst on the subject, do MPUK have an alternative geographical number?

No we used to but you can no longer get us on this.

Only numbers you can find us on these days are:

0845 868 1337 (general enquiries/sales/events) - 9am-6pm, mon-fri (approx 4p/min or less)

0871 408 1337 (tech support for Clanservers/DSL) - 10am-10pm, 7 days a week (approx 8p/min)

They're not "premium rate" numbers @ 50p/min or anything like that.

Each of the full time staff has a non-geographical number that goes direct to our desk but we dont tell you those

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Elbonio; 7th February 2007 at 00:59.
    No one is a failure, unless you try.

The views above are personal opinions and never reflect those of Multiplay. Official posts always have the Multiplay stripes as an icon.

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbonio View Post
    No we used to but you can no longer get us on this.

Only numbers you can find us on these days are:
    After a bit of research I have found out everyone has a geographical phone number, To have a Non Geographical Number you need to have a Geographical Number to divert the calls to, Wizzo must have just chosen not to give anyone this number, I do understand MPUK is a business and makes money from these numbers (albeit probably not a lot) its just annoying when your on a calling package that allows 24/7 free calls to UK geographical numbers and I still have to pay on the occasions I have to call MPUK

0 Not allowed!
    | I21, I22 | Slan20, SlanXmas04, Slan22, Slan24 |

Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Yup, Kibit is correct - those non geographic numbers simply re-route the call to a regular geographic number - if you don't know it, ask Wizzo (or your telephony provider)

Further, the saynoto0870 website is good and I have used it in the past, but it doesn't have a very large database of numbers at all - very few small to medium companies are in there - it seems to only be huge multinationals and banks. Also saving myself 1.3p a minute in call charges hardly seems worth the 30 seconds or so it takes to search and find the number - HOWEVER one or two of those numbers offer a central switchboard manned by humans where you could not otherwise get it - so can be useful if you want to avoid "press 1 for sex, 2 for mutual masturbation or 3 for fellatio" style lines.

0 Not allowed!

FBL Chief p1mp
    Occasional Systems & Network Admin
    i-Series Network Manager
    Multiplay UK
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    I doubt there is a geographic number behind the Multiplay numbers. There will probably be a number of some kind attached to wherever our service providers lines physically terminate, but that phone number could have any number of none-geographic numbers assigned to it; which the service providers phone system then routes to the correct customer based on the number dialed.

i.e. If you had the 'real' number it probably wouldn't ring Multiplay.

0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information