Join Multiplay

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    What is the game instance root? Can't get that link to work...

0 Not allowed!

Clan Tag: Grim
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by K View Post
    The "Getting Started" states:-
    For screenshots on a remote machine access msgpbssv.html using an FTP URL like
    ftp://[username]:[password]@[IP address]/[game instance root]/pb/svss/msgpbssv.html.

So if you just use the Clanforge ftp URL for your server this should work just fine.

Just checked previews in Clanforge and it doesn't seem sluggish at tall to me can you provide and more information on this?
    I can get to my PBSS folder by using a ftp program but i am trying to use this PB Screenshot Viewer « BeeSaR but it needs the directory of punkbuster on your ftp gameserver but Multiplay do not give us access to punkbuster directory just the Punkbuster Logs/Punkbuster Screenshots folders unless i am missing somthing.

I have no problem viewing the PBSS through clanforge all i am trying to do this so that anyone can view our PBSS

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by jaffaman; 6th November 2011 at 22:42.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    I've been having a mess around and when logged in to clanforge I can right click on a PB screen shot and copy the url.

I change the last part of the url from the 'F' at the end just before the 'pb' (see example) to pbsvss.htm.

Code:
    cfuploads.multiplay.co.uk/cgi-clan/cf_files.pl/img.png?opt=FilePreview;accountserviceid=XXXXX;serverid=XXXXX;downloadtypeid=3176;file=%2Fgames%2Fbf3%2Fretail%2F99621%2Fpb%2Fsvss%2Fpb000035.png
    This lets me access the web list of screen shots and I can then click on each name and view that persons PBSS

Great but its with caveats, you can only do this when logged into clanforge, found this out as I set up a redirect in my cpanel

e.g. domain.stuff/PB which pointed to my modified url but when you try it you get username/param error.

It would be great if it could be made so you didnt have to log in aand anyone could access that simple PB page.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Boomsling; 13th December 2011 at 14:31. Reason: typo
    www.pc-forums.co.uk | A friendly and active forum for gaming, tech help, chat and more....

Thumbs Up
    I got this PB Screenshot Viewer « BeeSaR working on our site. see...... Covert Strike Alliance I got hold of the person who mad it through Twitter BrettRijnders he had to recode some things to get it working but it seems to work ok the only problem i have is when doing a update it sometimes give me a timeout error but that's my web host not the program as far as i know.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    That looks great, thanks for the heads up.

0 Not allowed!
    www.pc-forums.co.uk | A friendly and active forum for gaming, tech help, chat and more....

Thumbs Up
    Sent you PM as I cannot seem to get it to find the PB directory, hope you can help.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    If you ftp your multiplay server you will see your path it will look something like /servers/by_serverid/12345 i use FileZilla for ftp

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Ive tried that, I ftp into multiplay with the cmd window browsed down to the folder and then typed pwd to get the directory path.

It was something like: /servers/by_serverid/55555/punkbuster screenshots

It wont connect though.

When you set up the PB screenshot viewer what did you put in at step 2 of the set up?

What exactly did the developer have to change to get it working with multiplay's ftp?

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Boomsling; 15th December 2011 at 10:54.

Thumbs Up
    Are you getting a error message ?

Here's what i put in see below but i have just gone to reinstall it again on a test site and i get a error message....
    Warning: ftp_close() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/csaleagu/public_html/pbtest/PBSViewer/install/install.php on line 1839
    I will contact Brett Rijnders giving him a link to this post to see if he can help as i know he said he was working on an update to get the PBS Viewer to work with multiplays servers.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    thats the same error Im getting.

Ive posted it on his comments page and sent him a message on twitter.

Point him to here cant hurt.

Cheers!

0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information