PDA

View Full Version : Second Assault maps?

roostah
18th February 2014, 13:09
Second Assault is released and there was a server update this morning but no new maps are available in Clanforge? Before I go through the long wait of a support response, can anyone else confirm they're not available to them?

Server has been restarted, new profiles created etc but alas no new maps.

TIA

jimbouk1977
18th February 2014, 14:32
not showing in mine either

But they havent posted a completed works order on the home page either so im guessing they are still working through their machines.

roostah
18th February 2014, 14:58
Thanks for the reply. Will keep checking back in that case. :)

ratattat
18th February 2014, 17:03
No sign of them yet on clanforge here either ???

apex40000
18th February 2014, 17:27
Hi Ratattat / roostah

Just to confirm that I don't still have DLC maps via CLANFORGE :-( --- like you I'm in the LONG WAIT for a reply -- because the live chat is never working any more :-(

I've got DLC maps via using procon -- if you have procon running already you might need to restart it to pick up the update that was release around 12-1ish ..

I know this is a quick fix BUT on the whole you got a answer quicker from some one else in the forum and not from ANYBODY at MP --- very naught of them -- I think --- service is SLACKING at the moment. :-(

Anyway hope that helps you out ---
And by tomorrow or the day after MP will answer our tickets he heh with an answer ;-)

apex40000

No sign of them yet on clanforge here either ???

roostah
18th February 2014, 17:31
Thanks for the heads up re: procon. I did restart it earlier without seeing the new maps. I'll do it again now....

Edit: Maps fine in Procon so managed to get them in the rotation. :awesome:

Just need Multiplay techs to sort out Clanforge now.

apex40000
18th February 2014, 17:32
No Prob

:-)

jimbouk1977
18th February 2014, 18:47
Yes still not showing here either :/ so going to add via procon i checked ealrier also but just restarted & now there on Procon not CF so Thank You apex40000

jim

jaffaman
18th February 2014, 20:15
We have the same issue but for some reason our server is changing maps to the old maps when in the middle of a Second Assault game?

apex40000
18th February 2014, 21:36
Jaffaman

Are you running any procon plugins ?

If not do a RESTART of your server and then make sure that procon is JUST picking up your clanforge maps ? Then all you do is add the maps via Procon and then MAKE sure you more then current map onto a new DLC map -- ALL you do then is remove the stock / old map job done :-) --- IF you server is bouncing to old maplist then some one else MUST be access your procon layer or you are refreshing another map list that is kicking in --- I use to get some thing like this back when I had the BF3 procon andriod running that would over ride the UMM plugin map manager I was running in procon.

Hope this helps ----
PS MP still nothing from you -- :-( IS THERE one of the LAN event that you guys throw going on at the mo = NO staff ?

apex40000

We have the same issue but for some reason our server is changing maps to the old maps when in the middle of a Second Assault game?

roostah
19th February 2014, 01:27

Same for us tonight. Only the 4 new maps in our rotation yet mid-game randomly reverts back to Siege. Very frustrating.

jimbouk1977
19th February 2014, 04:19
Still not live on CF :/

Aranthos
19th February 2014, 06:53
We've not had any documentation on how the maps are configured for maplist settings etc so for now they're only available on Rush and/or via Procon. It's a bit of a pain, really :(

We'll get them added to ClanForge properly as soon as we've got the required info from the devs.

jaffaman
19th February 2014, 15:25
I have been searching about for my problem and for this from another game hosting company......

From reading many logs and troubleshooting with many customers, BF4 as it currently stands definitely has a bug related to vars.mpExperience. Specifically, if the map cycle is changed after the server is started, and the custom cycle includes any map that isn't among the maps in that default vars.mpExperience cycle, the game flushes out the whole cycle and replaces it with the default again. It does its mapcycle validity check once an hour, and when it flushes, it loads up the first map in the default cycle (generally MP_Siege), replacing what's currently being played, even in the middle of a round.

The workaround for this bug is to avoid vars.mpExperience entirely on ranked servers (there's no reason to use it on those anyhow) and to only use base maps on Official servers (as not-fun as that may be).

TimSad seems to be describing another bug that relates to how the server tracks the map cycle order. It's possible that in its hourly check, it also resets the map index. Is this change happening about once an hour for you, TimSad?

apex40000
19th February 2014, 17:37
Question For any of you guys that are running the NEW DLC maps.

Have any of you been getting any Blazes Today (19/02/14) -- I've so far had around 2 already the last one Emptied the server :-(

I'm not seeing them happening on any other GSP so far today --- Only MP at the moment ..

Thanks

apex40000

PS would send a ticket BUT it will take ALL day for an answer that will be either "YES" or we getting ddos attack .. :-( so asking on here will be quicker because there is still no access to the live chat -- I would if it because EVERYBODY is now sending TICKETS to get a SIMPLE Answer -- that takes 1 day then only to get a return question he heh Reminds me of Pigeon mail ;-) ... I wonder how many tickets you got because you never just told any of us that EA had messed up the last patch and not given out map details hence No on CLANFORGE ;-) hmm I guessing lots for the sake of a 2 min update post on the news ;-) ...

jimbouk1977
19th February 2014, 18:26
I really do belive EA / Dice let the ball completely slip with BF4

The new maps look nice but I've had trouble filling my server from day one due to Battle-logs server browser & also over subscriptions
This is the first BF title where we are struggling to fill our game.

Also on a side note any one getting really bad TS3 lag at prime time ? mine has been playing up for a week or so now every night on the London TS3 box.

Are you guys running Normal or hardcore ? and if hard core can i nick your Var settings as my server keeps reporting Custom not sure if its Procon causing it or the the start-up config

Bl4ckSheep1
19th February 2014, 20:59
My support ticket has been "escalated" and could take another 48 hrs to respond to, which is another way of saying, we will have the problem fixed before we respond, or will at least begun to fix it.

We've not had any documentation on how the maps are configured for maplist settings etc so for now they're only available on Rush and/or via Procon. It's a bit of a pain, really :(

We'll get them added to ClanForge properly as soon as we've got the required info from the devs.

This is... well... anyway....

Firstly, Procon works for the server settings to make a rotation, so someone somewhere must already have worked out what they need.... Although, Procon doesn't keep the Second Assault tag on the server when an SA map isn't on... because it isn't in the official server rotation and is only bodged into the games console... needs to be hard loaded.

Secondly, The map names, settings and details can quite easily be found. As well as their locations within the game files on the servers, the parameters are practically the same as all other maps, save for CTF.

Thirdly, If we could edit our own MapList.txt like every other provider out there, then we would be able to add these parameters ourselves... I know I would be capable of creating my own MapList.txt without any problems...

Fourthly, RUSH is not available via clanforge settings either... no gametype for these maps is available.

Which quite neatly brings me on to,

Fithly, I cry bull**** on your comment.

roostah
20th February 2014, 01:18
I have been searching about for my problem and for this from another game hosting company......

This looked to have done the trick as no mid-game map switches occured tonight, thanks for the suggestion.

apex40000
20th February 2014, 13:30
Hi Jim

I can CONFIRM that TS3 has been REALLY BAD-- We only play online as a group on thursday nights and THREE Thursdays in the ROLE the TS3 has been AWFUL -- we all sound like daleks and that when its at it best after that we can not here each other at all :-(
PS our server is maidenhead and getting the same thing.

:-( They are blaming Ddos attacks that are causing this :-( not 100% sure why the TS3 is located at the same place as my server thou he heh --- E>G> Hmmm guys is the server playing up because I jumping and laggg Drrrrrr no repsone because they can not hear ME LOL

I really do belive EA / Dice let the ball completely slip with BF4

Also on a side note any one getting really bad TS3 lag at prime time ? mine has been playing up for a week or so now every night on the London TS3 box.

Silhouett
20th February 2014, 15:57
If you search Maps type XP0 they come up, do it in clanforge

jimbouk1977
20th February 2014, 16:52
Hi Jim

I can CONFIRM that TS3 has been REALLY BAD-- We only play online as a group on thursday nights and THREE Thursdays in the ROLE the TS3 has been AWFUL -- we all sound like daleks and that when its at it best after that we can not here each other at all :-(
PS our server is maidenhead and getting the same thing.

:-( They are blaming Ddos attacks that are causing this :-( not 100% sure why the TS3 is located at the same place as my server thou he heh --- E>G> Hmmm guys is the server playing up because I jumping and laggg Drrrrrr no repsone because they can not hear ME LOL

Yes exactly the same here :/
To be honest starting to get a bit annoyed as we are all paying for a service that isnt doing what it should be i can understand the odd attack but every night at the same time for weeks on end with no block put on it as yet come on really.

@ Silhouett

Thank You just added them all into my rotation with this tip I just hope this will stop the random map reloads now on vanilla maps

jimbouk1977
20th February 2014, 17:03
If you search Maps type XP0 they come up, do it in clanforge

I have done this and yet they still dont show up in Battle-log as being part of the rotation :/ yet they are showing in my servers map list very odd.

apex40000
20th February 2014, 18:04
Jim

Have you fixed this Problem?
As I can see Stock China DLC and Second assault maps on HC mode on your server is that correct? Or am I looking at the wrong server as I think you have two of them ?

If its the other server Try -- for a test only to take out obliteration mode maps just to see if the other show up as there might be a problem with mixing the modes as you have three modes on one maplist :-)

Just my 2 pence

apex40000

I have done this and yet they still dont show up in Battle-log as being part of the rotation :/ yet they are showing in my servers map list very odd.

jimbouk1977
20th February 2014, 21:41
Jim

Have you fixed this Problem?
As I can see Stock China DLC and Second assault maps on HC mode on your server is that correct? Or am I looking at the wrong server as I think you have two of them ?

If its the other server Try -- for a test only to take out obliteration mode maps just to see if the other show up as there might be a problem with mixing the modes as you have three modes on one maplist :-)

Just my 2 pence

apex40000

The other one that is showing SA is with Hyperina set it up last night to see if things would be any better set up & streaming in under 30 mins

the MP / CF one is still only running CR :/

So in short I haven't found a fix for MP servers yet 3 days in :(

Aranthos
21st February 2014, 07:15
Hi folks, just a quick response re: the DDoS attacks. We do have as much filtering in place as is realistically possible. Problem is the attacks coming in are big enough to just saturate the pipes into our filtering boxes. Doesn't matter what you try to do to block attacks if the attacks are too big for the blocker, unfortunately. We often get hit with attacks up to 30Gb and these rarely have any impact on our London network due to the size of our pipes and the level of filtering we have in place, but the 100Gbps+ attacks that are becoming common lately are just impossible to filter out or block - these are big enough to take entire datacenters offline so even though we're pretty big there's just no way we can realistically take these attacks with no issues.

The map issue is going to take a bit more time to get an answer for so since I'm currently at home I won't be going into that right now. Nothing personal, I promise ;-)

jimbouk1977
28th February 2014, 20:14
still bugged