PDA

View Full Version : Well this is a bit of a kick in the teeth to those that preordered...

thatbloke
12th November 2013, 19:57
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152046674539459&set=a.10150120318709459.318043.257219354458&type=1&theater&notif_t=photo_reply

This is something of a kick in the teeth to those that preordered servers... Is this discount available to people that preordered or are we stuck on the higher price still?

Spicypixel
12th November 2013, 20:40
I believe that's how store discounts work yes.

lrdev01
12th November 2013, 22:18
You could have known... It is common.. in Holland though, when a retailer does that, and you bought something just before, they are obligated to give you that discount as well.

ratattat
13th November 2013, 18:47
Now thats not fair is it Multiplay. the 20% discount should of been for those who jumped in at the beginning and helped you sort through the mess that is BF4 . (8 server updates and multiple crashes)

AcidUK
14th November 2013, 11:04
The whole point of the promotion is to either mop up extra supply in those locations (ie: a supply:demand mismatch at specific sites), or to create a short term cash injection (in the form of long-term commitments, albeit at a reduced rate) to allow immediate expansion/investment.

Giving existing customers the discount would negate both of these points. If you wanted to make a more reasonable suggestion, then you might ask whether you can transfer your server from one of the datacentres not listed to one of the listed ones in the deal. If its a supply:demand issue, then this would help Multiplay and you might be able to negotiate a discount. Otherwise this is likely to be anticipated downside to their promotion - I wouldn't hold your breath.

iHydro
14th November 2013, 11:35
Cancel then reorder with discount. <Meerkat>Simplez</Meerkat>

Xilly
14th November 2013, 12:23
Stop making sense Aciduk, there's fires to set and looting to be done!

thatbloke
14th November 2013, 17:20
My point is that it is quite frankly way too soon after the release of the product to be discounting it like this - there are plenty of people, myself included, who have preordered servers with Multiplay already in one of these locations. Just two and a half weeks after it becomes available, I can price up exactly the same bundle I preordered but at a 20% discount - a significant saving.

If servers had already been available for a couple of months I wouldn't be bitching about it in such a manner.

To offer such a discount so soon after it became available is quite frankly giving the finger to those who preordered.

Wol
14th November 2013, 17:33
http://i.imgur.com/ZhIn2.gif

Dentist
14th November 2013, 18:22
My point is that it is quite frankly way too soon after the release of the product to be discounting it like this - there are plenty of people, myself included, who have preordered servers with Multiplay already in one of these locations. Just two and a half weeks after it becomes available, I can price up exactly the same bundle I preordered but at a 20% discount - a significant saving.

If servers had already been available for a couple of months I wouldn't be bitching about it in such a manner.

To offer such a discount so soon after it became available is quite frankly giving the finger to those who preordered.

Sorry I thought someone responded to you on facebook - Get in touch via billing ticket and we'll sort something out (same for anyone else who pre-ordered) :)

thatbloke
14th November 2013, 20:11
Sorry I thought someone responded to you on facebook - Get in touch via billing ticket and we'll sort something out (same for anyone else who pre-ordered) :)

Something has been sorted already thanks :)

I'm just trying to further explain my point of view to the people in here who think I'm moaning for the sake of moaning

Wol
14th November 2013, 21:48
I'm just trying to further explain my point of view to the people in here who think I'm moaning for the sake of moaning

Welcome to my world <3