PDA

View Full Version : my 20 slot server is only showing 14 players

Elvardo
29th October 2013, 13:18
Is there a way to turn off spectator mode or do I have to purchase 24 slots in order to have 20 players?

Dentist
29th October 2013, 13:30
You can turn off spectators and commander mode to get back to 20 slots. just speak to the guys at support.multiplay.co.uk and they'll show you how :)

Elvardo
29th October 2013, 13:37
You can turn off spectators and commander mode to get back to 20 slots. just speak to the guys at support.multiplay.co.uk and they'll show you how :)

Thats a relief thanks for the reply :)

Elvardo
30th October 2013, 10:18
Multiplay told me to add vars.alwaysAllowSpectators "false" to the startup.txt, which didnt work. I did some more digging & found you have to add vars.maxSpectators 0 in order to disallow spectators. Ive not yet found how to turn off commander but instead increased the server slots to 22 to allow for 20 players + 2 commanders. I'm hoping having commanders will be a good adition to the game.

Flaxe
30th October 2013, 12:47
Multiplay told me to add vars.alwaysAllowSpectators "false" to the startup.txt, which didnt work. I did some more digging & found you have to add vars.maxSpectators 0 in order to disallow spectators. Ive not yet found how to turn off commander but instead increased the server slots to 22 to allow for 20 players + 2 commanders. I'm hoping having commanders will be a good adition to the game.
You should be able to turn off commanders by using the vars.commander "false" command in your startup.txt. I haven't tried it yet but this is what the server documentation says.

Elvardo
30th October 2013, 14:21
You should be able to turn off commanders by using the vars.commander "false" command in your startup.txt. I haven't tried it yet but this is what the server documentation says.

I tried but couldn't get it to work. Not to worried now thou as I want commanders active :) but thanks for the reply.