PDA

View Full Version : steam won't work in offline mode

Scuz
13th September 2005, 14:35
At the moment my pc hasn't got internet access, i try to open steam to play hl2 but it can't connect to the steam network for obvious reasons. I try to get it to start in offline mode but its just not having it, looked at the steam forums but they weren't much help anyone got any ideas?
I just want to shoot some combine

cheers

CyberDrac
13th September 2005, 14:47
You need to have played the games whilst connected to verify your account with Steam before you disconnected, so if you updated and disconnected without running each game then you are stuffed until you can get net access again. :(

Steampowered Support (http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=213&p_created=1094245645&p_sid=fdQIpsPh&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX 3Jvd19jbnQ9MjkmcF9wcm9kcz0wJnBfY2F0cz0wJnBfcHY9JnB fY3Y9JnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9YW5zd2Vycy5zZWFyY2hfbmwmc F9wYWdlPTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1vZmZsaW5l&p_li=&p_topview=1)

To play your games in offline mode please follow the instructions below:

- Start Steam online, be sure that 'remember my password' is checked
- Be sure all game files are completely updated, you can check this by right clicking the game in the Steam menu and choosing properties. It must say 100% acquired, Ready for Offline
- Right click the Steam icon in the system tray, go to settings, uncheck 'Do not store account information on this computer'
- Exit Steam, disconnect from the internet, restart Steam
- Select the 'Start in offline mode'.
- You should now have access to all of your single player games while offline.

CD

Scuz
13th September 2005, 15:39
Cheers for the info, think i may be stuffed till i get my internet back.