PDA

View Full Version : How to stop playing too much HL2

Njoroge
22nd November 2004, 10:22
It's a good game and I know that people are spending much time playing it, but if you're having trouble with addiction then worry not, there is a solution - buy Donkey Konga.

Psym and I played HL2 quite a bit last week but then we seemed to miss about 4 days of it completely due to the utter joy you get smacking bongos around to the theme music to pokemon (the lyrics of which make me want to cry)

Anyway, in case HL2 is good, but bongos are just silly fun.

Mamacita
22nd November 2004, 10:29
Yey! I'm glad I got you hooked :D

Tsung
22nd November 2004, 10:33
Originally posted by Njoroge
Anyway, in case HL2 is good, but bongos are just silly fun.

LOL.. Oh dear, Donkey Konga Bongos.. Beanz will have a treat for anyone who likes "beating the bongos" ;)... Coming soon to a lan party :)

Afty
22nd November 2004, 15:14
Clearly they distribute Oestrogen in the air in Switzerland (or maybe in the water instead of fluoride)?

The cure for playing too much Half Life 2 is to complete the game!

phil
22nd November 2004, 17:10
From Penny Arcade:

"That's really the trouble. Donkey Konga is like an experiment I perform on people I know, from the hardcore on down, as I'm of the opinion that the game taps into some pretty fundamental themes. I have all the sh*t and four bongos in a box I wheel from place to place like a travelling show. As long as you can get someone to actually play it, as opposed to just stand there framed in the doorway with their arms folded, you're in for a pretty good time. The concept it is based on goes something like this: "It Is Fun To Clap With Your Friends."

Now, I know that's ridiculous. I know it. But I swear to you on the plot of unturned earth that will one day be my mother's grave that it is true and it is good. It is true and good and incontrovertible that when you clap with your friends you feel joy. As a raw game, it is highly amusing and can pack an almost demonic challenge you wouldn't expect from the earlier difficulty levels. Initially, you might find yourself looking around as you are playing the bongos on the song Bingo. You are looking around because you are afraid that a girl might see you. I need you to be strong.

I can't stress enough the tribal unity produced by as little as two and as many as four drums."

Afty
22nd November 2004, 17:29
As great as the PA writing is "It Is Fun To Clap With Your Friends" is only really true if you have alarmingly high levels of wrong hormones, are attending a sporting event, are currently suffering from the effects of hallucinogenics, or have a vocabulary consisting entirely of, to the exclusion of all else, single syllable verbs.

Just Say No! :)

phil
22nd November 2004, 18:39
Originally posted by afty
are currently suffering from the effects of hallucinogenics, or have a vocabulary consisting entirely of, to the exclusion of all else, single syllable verbs.

Exactly. "Tribal Unity" ;)

Freelance
22nd November 2004, 23:19
Originally posted by Njoroge
IHow to stop playing too much HL2 complete it and go play vampire: bloodlines. Mmmmmm, blood

Aardvark
22nd November 2004, 23:30
Develop a short attention span, it served me well for both HL2 and GTA:SA :)

Optimus
23rd November 2004, 23:00
Originally posted by Freelance
complete it and go play vampire: bloodlines. Mmmmmm, blood The lift buttons in HL2 work :)

10G0
28th November 2004, 20:26
I'll tell u how to stop.

Have my life.

I've been able to play it TWICE so far.

Mind you, I am in a play at the moment.

I will pwn it when play is over next week.

That is all.