PDA

View Full Version : Editions (and CS:S NEXT WEEK)

Freelance
29th September 2004, 12:27
from halflife2.net

Half-Life Fallout reports that they’ve received word from Valve’s Gabe Newell on a final confirmation of Half-Life 2’s steam and retail packages. They have also revealed that the full version of Counter-Strike: Source will be available to Steam purchasers next week.

Retail Boxes

* Standard Edition — includes HL2 and CS:Source. Ships on six CDs, in one of three box-art packages (Gordon, Alyx or the G-Man),
* Collector's Edition — includes Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 1: Source, a Half-Life 2 T-shirtand a Prima book sampler. Ships on a single DVD.

Steam Packages

* Bronze — HL2* and CS:Source.
* Silver — HL2*, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 1: Source*, Day of Defeat: Source*, Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam.
* Gold — HL2*, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 1: Source*, Day of Defeat: Source*, Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam, Complete Strategy Guide from Prima Games, 3 different Half-Life 2 posters, Half-Life 2 hat, Half-Life 2 postcard, Half-Life 2 stickers, Half-Life 2 Soundtrack CD, Chance to win a trip to Valve! (1 trip offered for every 5000 Gold packages purchased).

*To be made available upon product's release.

Afty
29th September 2004, 12:46
It'll be here soon. Really, it will. Just pay us for it now, and we'll give it to you when we've come back from holiday.

Optimus
8th October 2004, 11:08
a note should be added that the UK retail release will be DVD only, but feature the same content as the Standard Edition...

Valane
8th October 2004, 11:16
"Yea, pay us now, I swear were good for it, we will deliver, promise"
I perfer the good old days when you got what you battered for right there and then.

Rich
8th October 2004, 12:11
I got the silver pack, cost $10 lol. ~@! CS Source is very cool btw - lots of fun with friends :D!

Sakey
8th October 2004, 16:50
What does the ATI card count as?

SilentMike
8th October 2004, 17:12
ati voucher counts as the bronze steam package :)

Rich
8th October 2004, 17:36
and money off on the others D:

Pharius
19th October 2004, 23:50
The UK DVD-Rom isnt a special edition, if (like me) you've ordered it from amazon all you get are (I assume) the bronze features.

Also the 'free' t-shirt you get from the gold edition comes in one size and one size only, extra-large :/.

KBB
21st October 2004, 18:10
Im guessing the following version from play is the CD edition rather than the DVD. Anyone got any good links for the DVD version?

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?searchtype=PC&searchstring=half+life+2&page=search&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

SilentMike
21st October 2004, 18:21
UK release will be DVD only :)

Mouse_On_Mars
21st October 2004, 19:24
http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/productpage.asp?productcode=RM00327